Most people realize they need to save money but don’t take a strategic approach to accumulating wealth with specific goals in mind. For example:
- Do you know how much money you need to save to maintain a lifestyle you enjoy during retirement, fund for your child’s education, pay off large debts, or purchase a vacation home?
- Do you know how much money you should set aside each month and how to invest that money?
- Do you know how different life changes might affect your ability to save money?
- Do you understand the volatility and risk involved with different types of investments?
- Do you know when and how you’ll be able to access money in different types of investment products?
- Do you understand the tax implications of your financial decisions?
What Is Accumulation Planning?
Wealth accumulation is the first phase of retirement planning. While you’re working and making money, you need a plan for saving and growing your money. Accumulation planning tells you how much you need to save on an ongoing basis and how you should invest based on the factors mentioned above. By taking the time to understand your personal and professional goals and priorities, we can develop an accumulation plan that enables you to make sound financial decisions.
Types of Investments
Some of the most important accumulation planning decisions involve the types of securities to include in your investment portfolio, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and annuities. More experienced investors may be managing alternative investments such as managed futures, hedge funds, tax shelters, structured products, and real estate. If you already have traditional or alternative investments, we can help you manage those assets and incorporate them into a comprehensive accumulation planning strategy.
Most investors realize that greater risk creates the potential for a higher return. However, every individual reaches a point at which the level of risk isn’t worth the potential return. We’ll make sure you understand the risk involved with each type of investment so your financial plan stays within your comfort zone.
Tell us your goals, concerns, and dreams. Tell us what kind of lifestyle you want for yourself and your family, now and in the future. We’ll work with you to create an accumulation plan that puts you on a path to a happier, more fulfilling life.
Contact us to find out how much money you need to save and how you should invest that money to achieve your goals and realize your dreams.